The POPI ACT (POPIA).
Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. POPIA was enabled in 2013, now seven years later, it is finally about to come into practice. As of 1 July 2020, South Africans will be bound by the Act and have till 1 July 2021 implement the Act in their Organisation. This Act was based on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The aim of the Act is to protect consumers from harm by protecting their personal information. It aims to protect consumers from having their money and identities stolen, as well as keep their private information just that “private”. POPIA will change the way in which South Africans conclude direct marketing and organisations could face fines of between R1 million and R10 million or one to ten years in prison if proven non-compliance to POPIA.
IAcademy now offer this special POPIA course to assist Organisations in understanding the implementation of the Act within their organisations which includes:
- Understanding the POPIA and personal information;
- The 8 conditions for lawful processing of personal information;
- The implications of POPIA in Direct Marketing;
- General Exclusions in terms of POPIA;
- Trans border information flows;
- The impact of the POPIA on your organisation;
- Risks and consequences of non-compliance with the POPIA and lots more………..